Friday, November 23, 2012

My thoughts On His Suicide. !

I think that what Okwonko did was real stupid. I mean why would you kill yourself? I think that is the most selfish thing you can do. After all the things he did and been through I would not think he would kill himself. He did not even  like his own father. He beats his wives, he did not love all his children equally because he favored Ezinma more than the others because she knew just what he wanted and knew what kind of mood he was in. But still why kill yourself? I would want to stay on this Earth to at least be there for my kids. Would his kids even miss him though.? He just looks like a killer because he killed his "son" then hung himself. Okonkwo took the easy way out instead of facing his fears he would rather be seen to as weak. To me he should have just stayed on this Earth and worked out whatever he was scared of. Because of course it has to be a reason of why he did it. Not just because he felt like it. Right? Maybe he thought he was not doing all that he could do. Or maybe he knew that people was out to get him or something. I just think its stupid and crazy. If he was any type of real man he would not have to hide from the world, he would not have beaten his wives, and he most definitely would not have killed his self. Like that is just unbelievable to just do such a thing. To me Okonkwo was to worried about becoming his father, that he actually became worse than him. He messed up his self by trying to not be his father. Maybe if he would worry about him self this would not have happened. The people that followed him did not even think about moving the tree or taking him down. That should tell you who his real friends are also. Because he does not really have any. If he had any real friends they would have taken him down or moved the tree but maybe because he was so all in to him self he drove all the friends he had away? Okonkwo's father died with his pride but Okonkwo did not die with his pride. He died with disgrace, and he died weak. Therefore he did actually become his father. But if I was in his situation I probably would not have taken the easy way out. I probably would have worked through my problems and tried to fix everything instead of leaving it how it was. I really do not think Okonkwo know what a REAL MAN is, because if he did he would not have committed suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment